SBI now allows its customers to register online for retailing the SBI Online Banking Facility. Through online Internet Banking Facility, customers can find about their account balance, generate statements and make transactions without even visiting the branch.
NOTICE: Below is SBI Personal Account registration method, go here for New SBI Corporate User Registration.
New User Registration / Activation
To register for SBI Online Internet Banking Facility for Personal Account, follow these steps:
- Head over to the official website of the SBI — https://www.onlinesbi.com/
- Under the Personal Banking section, click on the New User Registration option.
- A new window will open up. Click OK to confirm that you do not have internet banking welcome kit.
- You will be then redirected to a new page. From that page, select the New User Registration option and click on Next.
- Now enter in all the required information including Account Number, CIF Number, Branch Code, etc.
- After filling up the form, click on Submit.
- You will then receive an OTP on your registered mobile number associated with that account.
- Type in the OTP and click on Confirm.
- Now if you have your ATM Card then select I have my ATM Card (online registration without branch visit) and click on Submit.
- You will be asked to enter the details of your ATM Card including 16-digit number, code, etc.
- After entering in all the required details, hit Submit.
- Now on the next page, you will be shown a temporary username along with that you will be asked to enter a password using special characters, numbers, and uppercase and lowercase letters. e.g aNImE@123!.
- Now login to the Internet Banking services using the temporary username and password.
- Now, you will be asked to enter a new username which will be your permanent username and will override the temporary username and you won’t be able to change it in the future so, choose wisely.
- After choosing your username, select a new login password using special characters, numbers, and uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Now create a profile password for your online SBI Account which will be used to authorize all sorts of transactions and changes made in your account.
- Re-enter the profile password.
- Select a security question and also answer it.
- Enter other details such as date of birth, place, country of birth, and your mobile number as registered in branch records while opening the account.
- Your profile password and all of the other details are now saved.
Once all of this is done, you have now successfully registered for SBI Online Banking
Keep in mind that when you register through Internet Banking then you will only have the access to check the balance or generate the account statement. You will have to contact your branch to get access to Internet Banking Transactions.