SBI (State Bank of India) provides people with Green PIN facility, making it easier for all the customers to generate new ATM PINs or change the existing ones. This PIN keeps all the SBI accounts secure as no any unauthenticated transactions as all withdrawals, online transactions and POS transactions can be completed unless you enter the unique the 4-digit SBI PIN.
To generate an SBI PIN, there are different methods. You can follow any one of the following to Generate an SBI ATM PIN.
IMPORTANT: Your phone number must be registered to your SBI bank account before you proceed – learn how to register mobile number.
Generate SBI ATM PIN at SBI ATM
- Visit any nearby SBI ATM.
- From the ATM Screen, select PIN Generation.
- Enter your 11-digit Account Number.
- Enter the registered mobile number associated with that account. Press on Confirm.
- On the next screen, you will receive a message that will appreciate the account holder for being a part of SBI Green Initiative.
- Once the PIN has been generated, a confirmatory message will be displayed on the screen.
- You will then receive an OTP on your mobile number which will be valid for 2 days.
- Within those 48 hours, you can visit any SBI ATM and go to Banking > PIN Change and enter the OTP that you received on the registered mobile number when the ATM asks to enter the SBI ATM PIN.
Generate SBI ATM PIN through SMS
- From the registered mobile number associated with your SBI account. send an SMS to 567676 using the format PIN <XXXX> <YYYY>.
- Here XXXX denotes the last four digits of the SBI ATM card and YYYY denotes the last four digits of SBI Account Number.
- Once you send the SMS with correct details, you will receive an OTP which you can use within 2 days to generate an SBI PIN at any nearby SBI ATM.
Generate SBI ATM PIN Net Banking
Before proceeding, the account holder should ensure that the mobile number is updated for the account as OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- Go OnlineSBI.com
- Log in into your SBI Account.
- Under the E-Services tab, select ATM Card Services.
- Now select the ATM PIN generation.
- You can either use profile password or OTP to generate the PIN.
- Now enter OTP/Profile Password.
- Now you will be able to change the PIN of your SBI ATM.